Sunday 13 November 2011

Why is it okay for others to bully me into eating animals?

Why do people feel the need to ask me on an almost daily basis,why I'm vegetarian? I don't bring it up. I don't actively try and convert people - each to their own.  I don't ask people why they're not vegetarian?
There are countless reasons to not eat meat, but I can't think of one reason why we should. The reason most people throw around is that we need to eat meat in order to get enough protein , iron and vitamins etc. They tend to believe the outdated stereotype that veggies are all pale and weak, or that humans are designed to eat meat because we have canines. I usually point out at this stage that gorillas are vegetarian and they have canines and can hardly be considered weak! I could raise several other valid points but that'd be slightly hypocritical in light of my previous statement. I just wish the fact that I prefer my animals alive didn't cause quite so much concern. You must have more important things to worry about!

No comments:

Post a Comment